All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTalks about a real-life adventure with historical facts about Scotland's legendary hero, Sir William Wallace. This title helps you learn how to tell the difference between Wallace facts and Wallace nonsense; discover why Wallace had to do his homework in Latin; and understand what made King Edward attack Scotland in the first place.
- Author BiographyAllan Burnett was born on South Uist, and grew up on Benbecula in the Western Isles. He studied at the University of Edinburgh, gaining an MA honours degree in Scottish History, and an MSc (with distinction) in European nationalism and British constitutional identities. A freelance writer, he has also worked as a librarian, an archivist, a 'ghost tour' guide, deputy foreign affairs editor at the Sunday Herald and deputy editor for the Scottish Standard. He now lives in Glasgow. Scoular Anderson is one of Scotland's best known illustrators. He has written over seventy books (including 1314 And All That and 1745 And All That, both published by Birlinn) and has also illustrated a huge number of books by other authors. He lives in Dunoon.
- Author(s)Allan Burnett
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication20/09/2006
- GenreReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/08/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scoular Anderson
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.