All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliwaw was Gore Vidal's first novel, written at nineteen, when he was first mate of a U.S. army freight supply ship. Here he writes of a ship caught plying the lethal, frigid Arctic waters during storm season.
- Author BiographyGore Vidal was born in 1925 and raised in Washington, D.C. After graduating from Philips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire, Vidal enlisted in the army and served in the Aleutian Islands. Among Vidal's other works of fiction are Burr, Myra Breckenridge, and Lincoln. He won the National Book Award in 1993 for his essay collection United States. For Broadway, he wrote the prize-winning play The Best Man (1960, revived 2000).
- Author(s)Gore Vidal
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2003
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £16.99Trending at £17.90
- £6.02Trending at £11.33
- £26.85Trending at £28.35
- £2.68Trending at £3.12
- £4.59Trending at £8.42
- £4.24Trending at £4.76
- £8.79Trending at £9.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.