All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTurkey has always been a crossroads: the point where East meets West, Europe meets Asia, and Christianity meets Islam. Turkey has also been a close and important American ally, but a series of converging political and strategic factors have now endangered its longstanding Western and democratic orientation.
- Author BiographyPhilip H. Gordon is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., USA, and former director for European Affairs at the National Security Council. His books include Winning the Right War: The Path to Security for America and the World (Times Books, 2007) and Allies at War: America, Europe, and the Crisis over Iraq (McGraw Hill, 2004). Omer Taspinar is a professor of national security studies at the National War College as well as the director of the Turkey Project and a nonresident fellow at the Brookings Institution, USA. He is the author of Kurdish Nationalism and Political Islam in Turkey (Routledge, 2005). Soli Ozel is a professor of international relations at Bigli University in Istanbul and a columnist for the Turkish daily Sabah.
- Author(s)Omer Taspinar,Philip H. Gordon
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication29/09/2008
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.04Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.