All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pressure to win funding to do research is felt by nearly all academics worldwide. This book details strategies that you might adopt to get your research projects funded. It also explains how to manage your research projects once they are funded.
- Author BiographyResearch interests Education policy particularly in relation to globalisation and socio-cultural change Socio-cultural studies of diverse youthful identities and education Education, media and consumer cultures Elite Schools around the world and the formation of transnational elites Fields of Research (FOR) Higher Education Gender, Sexuality and Education Education Policy Sociology of Education I work at the nexus of sociology and cultural studies and my research interests comprise childhood and youth studies, particularly sexuality, gender and race in education and in popular culture, and the cultural politics of education. Overall, my focus is on the dominant and how it is held in place, though this often involves investigating the experiences of those in subordinated, marginalised and/or stigmatised groups. I am especially concerned with how children negotiate these 'differences that make a difference' and their agency in the context of institutional settings such as schools and families.
- Author(s)Debbie Epstein,Jane Kenway,Rebecca Boden
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2007
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleThe Academic's Support Kit
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.