All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRare personal account by a survivor of Op Market Garden. The author was captured and spent 8 months as POW before escaping.
- Author BiographyDes Evans was born in Liverpool in 1923. Despite being in a Reserve Occupation he finally succeeded in joining the Army. This book covers his wartime service in North Africa, Italy and at Arnhem. Post war he served in Italy, Palestine, Germany and the Suez Canal Zone. After leaving the Army he met Betty and they enjoyed nearly 40 years together until dementia necessitated residential care. Betty died in March 2010 and Des followed her three months later.
- Author(s)Mike Gallagher
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2015
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Aviation
- Content Note16pp of B&W plates
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.79Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.