All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSheds light on the condition of self-injury in women. This book offers encouragement for recovery, by making available the emotional experiences of sufferers in their own words. It is meant for those who self-injure, their loved ones, anyone who knows of or suspects self-injury in a friend, and mental care professionals.
- Author BiographyJane Wegschneider Hyman, Ph.D., a researcher and writer on women's health, contributed to both Ourselves, Growing Older and The New Our Bodies, Ourselves. She is author of two other books. Over the years, her interest has shifted from physical to mental health, partly through her own experiences with obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression, and partly because of her prior work on seasonal affective disorder, anorexia, and bulimia. During her graduate studies in psychology, she specialized in mental health problems that primarily afflicted women.
- Author(s)Jane Wegscheider Hyman
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/09/1999
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight313 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.