All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the thorough examination of French archival sources, this book examines in detail two industries in which women formed the majority of the workforce in France between 1890 and 1914. It contributes to a better understanding of the way in which women perceived themselves, and were perceived in French trade union history prior to 1914.
- Author BiographySandra Salin teaches French language and French studies at Newcastle University. She is particularly interested in language teaching and learning as well as the history of the labour movement in France, with a particular focus on women's role and status in this movement.
- Author(s)Sandra Salin
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleTrade Unions Past, Present and Future
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note48, Figures, Tables
- Weight600 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.19
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.