All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.30Trending at £11.42
- £12.46Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
About this product
- Author(s)Pranab K. Panday
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight493 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1: Setting the Scene.- Chapter 2: Conceptual Discourses.- Chapter 3: Local Government Reform Efforts: A Perspective of Women's Political Participation.- Chapter 4: Government and Political Parties in the Reform Process.- Chapter 5: Other Players in the Reform Process: Accessing and Assessing Influence.- Chapter 6: Elected Women Members in the Union Parishad: Representation without Participation.- Chapter 7: Conclusion.
- Author BiographyPranab Kumar Panday is Professor at the Department of Public Administration, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. He was a Senior Fulbright Fellow at the Department of Development Sociology, Cornell University, USA till September 2012. He has an MPhil from the University of Bergen, Norway and PhD from the City University of Hong Kong. Panday's main areas of research include public policy, governance, and gender studies. In addition to books published from India and Germany, his academic articles have appeared in journals like Asian Survey, the International Journal of Public Administration, International Political Science Review, Local Government Studies, Commonwealth and Comparative Politics, the Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Administration, Public Organization Review, the Asia-Pacific Journal of Social Work and Development, and the Asian and Pacific Migration Journal.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.