Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.01Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by musicmagpie
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrench-English bilingual edition.
- Author BiographyGerard Mace was born in Paris in 1946. He is a poet, essayist and translator. He published his first book Le jardin des langues in 1974 with Gallimard, at the age of 50. His work challenges the barriers between poetry and the essay. This play between and within genres is essential to his writing - which has been called essay merveilleux - and derives from a questioning of language in its broadest sense. His Bloodaxe title Wood asleep / Bois dormant brings together three series of prose poems, Le Jardin des langues (1974), Le balcon de Babel (1977) and Bois dormant (1983). Other books by Mace have as their subject literary figures such as Rimbaud, Corbiere, Nerval and Champollion, while Rome et le firmament and Lecon de chinois evoke places heavily charged with culture and history. Mace's other books include Vies anterieures (1991), which takes up the relationship between memory and writing, in the form of Lives (as in the Lives of saints or illustrious men), and La memoire aime chasser dans le noir (1993), which develops his fascination with the image - the poetic image, dream image and photographic image. David Kelley's translation of Lecon de chinois (1981), or Chinese Lesson, was published in The New French Poetry, edited by David Kelley and Jean Khalfa (Bloodaxe Books, 1996). Brian Evenson's translation of Le dernier des Egyptiens (1988) was published as The Last of the Egyptians by Burning Deck in 2011. Gerard Mace received the Grand Prix de Poesie, given by the Academie Francaise for his life's work, in 2008.
- Author(s)Gerard Mace
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- Language(s)English & French
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleBloodaxe Contemporary French Poets
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight8950 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byTimothy Mathews,David Kelley
- Introduction byJean-Pierre Richard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.