Best-selling in War Fiction
Save on War Fiction
- £5.50Trending at £8.99
- £5.47Trending at £6.08
- £6.94Trending at £7.47
- £6.75Trending at £8.96
- £4.82Trending at £5.98
- £6.32Trending at £7.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
About this product
- DescriptionSet in a small town near San Francisco during World War II, this novel relates the confusions, dislocations, and brutality of war as they affect the home front. We see events through the eyes of a novice teacher, an abandoned boy, two young girls and a sailor scarred by his time in the war zone.
- Author BiographyErnest J. Finney grew up on the peninsula just south of San Francisco and now divides his time between that city and the San Joaquin Valley. His books include the novels California Time (1998), Lady with the Alligator Purse (1992) and Winterchill (1989), and the short story collections Flights in the Heavenlies (1996) and Birds Landing (1986).
- Author(s)Ernest J. Finney
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- GenreWar Fiction
- Series TitleCalifornia Fiction S.
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.