All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- Series TitleNATO Conference Series / II Systems Science
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight733 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGertrude Mensch,Richard J. Niehaus
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
- Table Of ContentsSection 1: Keynote Address.- Perspectives on the Human Potential in Technological Change.- Section 2: Technological Change and Human Resources.- The Co-Evolution of Technology and Work Organization.- Using Demographic and Technological Forecasts for Human Resource Planning.- Managing U.S. Army Technological Change: Constraints and Opportunities from the Human Resource Perspective.- Section 3: Labor Market Impacts on Human Resource Planning.- Integration of Technological Change into Human Resources Supply-Demand Models.- Personnel Planning: The Importance of the Labor Market.- A System for Assessing the Feasibility of U.S. Naval Officer Manpower Plans.- Corporate Training Investment Decisions.- A Model of Total Compensation in a Market Comparability Framework.- Section 4: Introduction of Technology into Actual Work Settings.- The Modernization of a Refinery: Its Influence on Men, Their Work, and Structures.- Technological Change and Work Organization in the U.S. Army: A Field Experiment.- Impact of Two Successive Mechanization Projects on Motivation and Work Organization in a Bank.- Technological and Organizational Change in Office Work; The Case of the Visual Display Units.- Effects of Office of the Future Technology on Users: Results of a Longitudinal Field Study.- Section 5: Approaches for Organizational Efficiency.- Human Resource Planning and Organizational Design.- Investigating Employee's Motivations and Satisfactions in an Existing Complex System as a Basis for Future Systems Design.- Measuring Efficiency and Tradeoffs in Attainment of Equal Employment Opportunity Goals.- Section 6: Studies in Organizational Effectiveness.- Productivity Enhancement: An Approach to Managing Beneficial Change in a Military-Industrial Work Setting.- Production Control, Participative Management, and Action Research - A Case Study.- Consultation: A Method to Secure Employee Cooperation in Organizational and Technological Change Programs.- Environmental Changes and R&D Organization in the Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis for a Tank Crew Training System.- Section 7: Methods for Mobility Analysis.- Micro Conditions for Macro Models of Manpower Mobility.- Lateral Skill Progression/A rank Restructuring Study.- The Effects of Fluctuations in The Economy or Technology on Cohort Careers.- A Goal-Focusing Approach to Manpower Planning in Graded Organizations.- On the Movement of Economists Among Academic Institutions in the United States.- Section 8: Conceptual Issues.- Estimating Program Impacts on Human Resources.- Occupational Welfare as An Aspect of Quality of Working Life.- Technology Selection Considering Macro-Economical and Social Factors.- Technical Innovation in Construction Management: A Critical Appraisal of Development in Project Planning and Control.- Kinetics of Technological Change: Some Theroretical Basis.- On a Multistage Game of Manpower Planning: Personnel Management vs. Frustrated Employees.- The Human Side of Project-Teams: Social Start-up of Team Work.- Participants.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.