All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.81Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.60
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1980s, arguments for a multicultural Japan have gained considerable currency against an entrenched myth of national homogeneity. This book enters this conversation with an ethnography of Japan's Buraku people.
- Author BiographyJoseph D. Hankins researches the politics and productivity of labor. He is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at UC San Diego and is affiliated with the UCSD Critical Gender Studies Program and the UC Center for New Racial Studies. He was raised in Lubbock, Texas, one source of the rawhide processed in Japanese tanneries.
- Author(s)Joseph D. Hankins
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAsia Pacific Modern
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note15 b/w photos
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.