Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionThe author describes how Muslims over the centuries have determined the sacred direction (qibla) towards Mecca and presents two highly sophisticated Mecca-centred world-maps for finding the qibla. These recently-discovered world-maps have forced a reevaluation of Muslim achievements in mathematics and cartography.
- Author BiographyDavid A. King, Ph.D. (1972) in Near Eastern Languages and Literatures, Yale University, is Professor of the History of Science at the J.W. Goethe University in Frankfurt. He has published extensively on medieval Islamic astronomy and astronomical instruments.
- Author(s)David King
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1544 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.