All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.85Trending at £8.35
- £4.81Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- Author(s)Margaret Ann Richek,Susanne Picchi
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2012
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width215 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
- Table Of ContentsTo the student. To the instructor. SECTION 1: USING THE DICTIONARY. Introduction Strategy: The Dictionary. Lesson 1 Valuable Words. Lesson 2 Multiple Meaning Words; Valuable Words. Lesson 3 Verb & Noun Words; Valuable Words. Section Review. SECTION II: USING CONTEXT CLUES. Introduction Strategy: Context Clues. Lesson 4 Compound Words; Valuable Words. Lesson 5 Argument & Agreement; Valuable Words. Lesson 6 Friends & Foes; Valuable Words. Section Review. SECTION III: COMBINING THE DICTIONARY & CONTEXT. Introduction Strategy: The Dictionary and Context. Lesson 7 Words to Guide College Learning; Valuable Words. Lesson 8 Pairs of Opposites; Valuable Words. Lesson 9 Quantity and Quality; Valuable Words. Section Review. SECTION IV: UNDERSTANDING WORD PARTS: ROOTS AND SUFFIXES. Introduction Strategy: Roots and Suffixes. Lesson 10 -er, -ist, -ful, & -less. Lesson 11 - non- & un-. Lesson 12 uni-, bi-, tri-, pre- & -post. Section Review. Expanded Guide to Parts of Speech. Expanded Guide to Dictionary Entries. Index. Pronunciation key (front inside cover ). Parts of speech taught in book (front inside cover). Spelling rules for adding suffixes (back inside cover).
- Author BiographyMargaret Richek, a specialist in vocabulary development, received her Ph.D. in education in 1974 from the University of Chicago. For many years, she served on the faculty of Northeastern Illinois University, teaching developmental reading courses to college students. She has published scholarly articles, presented across the United States, and been featured in a video on strategies for vocabulary learning. She is the author of VOCABULARY FOR ACHIEVEMENT, a series of textbooks for grades 3 through 12, as well as THE WORLD OF WORDS: VOCABULARY FOR COLLEGE SUCCESS. She served as a long-term consultant for Roosevelt University in Chicago and the Bureau of Education and Research. Currently, she is Professor Emerita of Northeastern Illinois University and President Elect of the Chicago Area Reading Association. Susanne Picchi, M.A. is an Associate Professor and Co-Coordinator of Developmental Reading at Joliet Junior College. She has extensive experience as a secondary English teacher and reading specialist. She presents regularly on vocabulary strategies for adult learners and infusing reading instruction into all subject areas. She has consulted for the Chicago Area Writing Project. Her professional service features many activities for the Illinois Reading Council including board member, Co Chair of the Intellectual Freedom Committee, and offices in the Secondary Reading League.
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.