All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeals with the nuts and bolts on imagining, planning, creating, and managing an advanced Makerspace for your school community. This book provides all the answers ranging from inception through implementation. It also includes practical strategies and anecdotal examples that help you create an action plan for your own personalized Makerspace.
- Author BiographyLaura Fleming has been an educator in the state of New Jersey for 17 years. She has been both a classroom teacher and media specialist in grades K-8 and currently as a Library Media Specialist for grades 9-12. Laura is a strong advocate of using New Media and Vanguard Techniques for Interactive and Transmedia (multi-platform) Storytelling. She has played a prominent role in education as a writer and speaker and has served as an educational consultant on next-generation teaching methods and tools. Laura has also consulted on Transmedia properties, working with producers to help maximize the value of their creations and toolsets for teachers and students. She is also the author of Worlds of Learning: Best Practices for Establishing a Makerspace for Your School (Corwin, 2015). Laura's goal is to create learning experiences that empower and equip students with necessary skills to effectively produce and consume content across multiple media platforms. She is also driven to enable educators and cohorts in applying these innovative methods and cutting-edge technology in their fields of expertise. She is an educational consultant, thought leader and speaker on education, librarianship, and technology. Recently, Laura created a digital badge-based professional development platform in which educators all over the world earn badges in acknowledgement of their informal professional learning. Her library Makerspace has garnered national attention and has served as an inspiration for schools across the country. She is also a recipient of the National School Boards '20 to Watch' in Educational Technology Leadership for 2014. Her goal is to create learning experiences that empower and equip students with necessary skills to effectively produce and consume content across multiple media platforms. She is also driven to enable educators and cohorts in applying these innovative methods and cutting-edge technology in their fields of expertise. Laura is an educational consultant, thought leader and speaker on education, librarianship, and technology. She is also the host of the BAM Radio Show Movers and Makers.
- Author(s)Laura Fleming
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCorwin Connected Educators Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.78Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.