All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a political agenda foregrounding collaborative practice to promote ethical relations, these individually and joint written essays and interviews discuss dances often with visual art, theatre, film and music, drawing on continental philosophy to explore notions of space, time, identity, sensation, memory and ethics.
- Author BiographyVALERIE A. BRIGINSHAW is a retired Professor of Dance, Chichester University, UK. Her publications include Dance, Space and Subjectivity and chapters in Analysing Performance, Dance in the City, Preservation Politics, Performing Nature and Anarchic Dance. RAMSAY BURT is Professor of Dance History at De Montfort University, UK. His publications include The Male Dancer, Alien Bodies, and Judson Dance Theater. In 1999 he was Visiting Professor at the Department of Performance Studies, New York University, USA. With Professor Susan Foster, he is founder editor of Discourses in Dance.
- Author(s)Ramsay Burt,Valerie A. Briginshaw
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/04/2009
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight455 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.25Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.07
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.