All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the complexities of translating Yiddish literature at a time when the Yiddish language is in decline. The author traces historical and aesthetic shifts through versions of these canonical texts, and she argues that these works and their translations form a conversation about Jewish history and identity.
- Author BiographyAnita Norich is professor of English and Judaic studies at the University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Anita Norich
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSamuel & Althea Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note1 illus.
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.