All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarack Obama's presidential victory demonstrated unprecedented racial progress on a national level. This title examines the expansion of black leadership from grassroots to the national arena, beginning with Booker T Washington and W E B DuBois and progressing through contemporary leaders including Harold Ford Jr, Jesse Jackson Jr, and Obama.
- Author BiographyCynthia Griggs Fleming, professor of history at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the author of Soon We Will Not Cry: The Liberation of Ruby Doris Smith Robinson and In the Shadow of Selma: The Continuing Struggle for Civil Rights in the Rural South.
- Author(s)Cynthia Griggs Fleming
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note35 photos
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byEleanor Holmes Norton
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.50
- £17.50Trending at £35.06
- £8.72Trending at £11.48
- £14.58Trending at £21.02
- £14.24Trending at £14.66
- £10.50Trending at £14.49
- £9.85Trending at £10.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.