All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStimulates thoughts and expands awareness of the philosophical dimensions of yoga in its many forms and practices Yoga Philosophy for Everyone presents a wide array of perspectives by people whose lives have been touched by yoga.
- Author BiographyLiz Stillwaggon Swan has a PhD in philosophy and is a certified yoga instructor. Her niche in the world is helping people exercise their brains and their bodies. Her recent publications in the emerging field of biosemiotics explore how we use our brains and bodies to make sense of the world. She is also a new mother and delights in watching her son practice happy baby pose. Series Editor: Fritz Allhoff is an associate professor in the philosophy department at Western Michigan University, as well as a senior research fellow at the Australian National University's Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics. In addition to editing the Philosophy for Everyone series, he is also the volume editor or co-editor for several titles, including Wine & Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell, 2007), Whiskey & Philosophy (with Marcus P. Adams, Wiley, 2009), and Food & Philosophy (with Dave Monroe, Wiley-Blackwell, 2007). His academic research interests engage various facets of applied ethics, ethical theory, and the history and philosophy of science.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePhilosophy for Everyone
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight388 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byFritz Allhoff,Liz Stillwaggon Swan
- Foreword byJohn Friend
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.