All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.99Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces you to the history and philosophy of yoga, the theories of Hatha Yoga, and yoga exercises.
- Author BiographyRavi Dykema attended Antioch University in Yellow Springs, Ohio from 1970-71. He studied Yoga in Pondicherry, India with Swami Gitananda at his traditional Yoga school, called Ananda Ashram, from 1972-76. Mr. Dykema earned the rarely-given title, Yogiraj, which means, master of Yoga, and the title, Yoga Chikitsaka, which means, Yoga therapist. He became an instructor at Ananda Ashram in 1973 while studying there. Mr. Dykema has maintained a private practice in Yoga therapy and taught Yoga classes since then in Colombo, Sri Lanka (where he ran a Yoga center for 9 months), Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI, Green Bay, WI (where he was a Specialist in Physical Education at the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay), and Boulder, CO, where he resides currently. Mr. Dykema has been teaching at Naropa University since 1989 where he helped design a Bachelors of Arts degree in Traditional Eastern Arts with a Concentration in Yoga. He directs the Yoga Department at Naropa University and is an Adjunct Professor there. He is also a member of the advisory committee of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). In addition to his Yoga work, Mr. Dykema owns and edits a magazine called, NEXUS, Colorado's Holistic Journal. He has interviewed many of today's Yoga experts for his magazine.
- Author(s)Ravi Dykema
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight404 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.