All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul and Marie Pireaud, a young peasant couple from southwest France, were newlyweds when World War I erupted. With Paul in the army from 1914 to 1919, they were forced to conduct their marriage by correspondence. This book draws upon the hundreds of letters they wrote and tells their moving story and reveals a personal perspective on war.
- Author BiographyMartha Hanna is Associate Professor of History, University of Colorado, Boulder. She is the author of The Mobilization of Intellect: French Scholars and Writers during the Great War (Harvard).
- Author(s)Martha Hanna
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2008
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note6 halftones, 3 maps
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £13.26
- £25.27Trending at £26.33
- £16.76Trending at £20.64
- £10.16Trending at £14.51
- £11.89Trending at £17.00
- £16.99Trending at £17.19
- £9.93Trending at £13.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.