All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Christine M. Benton,Russell A. Barkley
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight344 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. Part I: Getting to Know Your Defiant Child. Is Something Wrong with My Child? . Why Is This Happening to My Family? . What Should I Do about It? . Words to Live By: The Foundation of Better Behavior. Part II: Getting Along with Your Defiant Child. Step 1: Pay Attention! Step 2: Start Earning Peace and Cooperation with Praise. Step 3: When Praise Is Not Enough, Offer Rewards. Step 4: Use Mild Discipline-Time-Out and More. Step 5: Use Time-Out with Other Misbehavior. Step 6: Think Aloud and Think Ahead-What to Do in Public. Step 7: Help the Teacher Help Your Child. Step 8: Moving toward a Brighter Future. Resources.
- Author BiographyRussell A. Barkley, PhD, is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. He is a recipient of awards from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Psychological Association, among other honors. The author of numerous bestselling books for both professionals and the public, including Taking Charge of ADHD, Dr. Barkley lectures worldwide and makes frequent media appearances. He has worked with children and families for over 35 years, during which time he and his wife have raised two sons of their own. His website is www.russellbarkley.org. Christine M. Benton is a Chicago-based writer and editor.
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.79Trending at £7.99
- £10.96Trending at £12.74
- £3.59Trending at £4.72
- £11.51Trending at £11.65
- £4.95Trending at £5.15
- £18.98Trending at £27.00
- £9.98Trending at £12.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.