Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.85Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the relationships between the electronic dance scene and drug use for young ravers and clubbers. Based on over 300 interviews with ravers, DJ's and promoters, this title also explores the accomplishment of gender, sexuality and Asian American ethnicity and the negotiation of risk and pleasure within these scenes.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Hunt is a social and cultural anthropologist, who has had nearly thirty years' experience in planning, conducting, and managing research in the field of youth studies, and drug and alcohol research. He is a senior research scientist at the US Institute for Scientific Analysis and the Principal Investigator on three US National Institute of Health projects. He has published extensively on substance abuse, especially alcohol and drug use and evaluating community prevention and intervention programs. Molly Moloney is a senior research associate at the Institute for Scientific Analysis. Trained as a cultural sociologist, her research focuses on gender, ethnicity, and identity within street gangs and within club-drug scenes. She has published on fatherhood among gang members, on regulating the nighttime economy in San Francisco, on club-drug use among Asian American youth, on gender theory, on global television and television critics. Kristin Evans has a degree in sociology and psychology from the University of California at Berkeley. As a research associate at the Institute for Scientific Analysis in San Francisco she was project manager of two NIH-funded projects, on Club Drugs and the Dance Scene and Asian American Youth, Drugs and the Dance Scene. Previously she worked on street gang projects. She has published a number of articles with Geoffrey Hunt on gang girls and drug use, and on drugs and the dance scene.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Hunt,Kristin Evans,Molly Moloney
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2010
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.