All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the teachings, experience, and practical wisdom of expert Native orators as they instruct a younger generation about their place in the world. This book weaves together hundreds of statements by Yup'ik elders on the values that guide human relationships.
- Author BiographyAnn Fienup-Riordan is an independent scholar who has lived, worked, and taught in Alaska since 1973. Her many books include Hunting Tradition in a Changing World: Yup'ik Lives in Alaska Today and Yup'ik Elders at the Ethnologisches Museum Berlin: Fieldwork Turned on Its Head. Alice Rearden is a Yup'ik speaker and translator working for the Calista Elders Council. Marie Meade is a Yup'ik language expert presently teaching at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Author(s)Ann Fienup-Riordan
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- Language(s)Aleut & English & English & Yupik languages
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus.
- Weight477 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnn Fienup-Riordan
- Translated byAlice Rearden,Marie Meade
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.