Average review score based on 558 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
I bought my Ipad 2 for giving presentations, as my laptop is bulky. Keynote is quite good for basic presentations and accepts powerpoint ppt files too. Ipad is a very unique experience if u have only used PCs before. Advantages are :
1. Zero noise compared to laptops, if you hate that nagging fan noise.
2. Easy app installation and quite a lot of them( app hunting can be addictive). More than 300,000 apps, some useless and some good and useful for a nominal price.
3. RSS feeders are excellent for news, magazines etc. Reading magazines is good in Ipad bcoz of the right screen size ratio. Apps like Goodreader is good for PDF files and good for students, if u need to annotate PDF files etc.. (my biggest use now).
4. Lots of pod-casts and audio-books on various topics; some even in HD ( very few regular ones).
5. Excellent battery life, 10 hours- biggest plus point. ( Steve Jobs did not want to compromise this with Flash playing, Well its a trade off to put up with)
6. Excellent finish and quality as with all Apple products, and the built is quite robust. Ipad is portable... hence u WILL drop it sometime or the other like me, and u will thank its sturdiness then, another trade off there with the weight, I guess.
7. The operating environment IOS 5 is very secure, with no known viruses yet and hence good for secure sites and on-line banking.
8. Driving games are so good and easy to play with Ipad, but only a few are worth paying the £.
Disadvantages that I have experienced are quite numerous (so do your research well to see if the Ipad suits you).
1. Limitations in controlling file layouts and deleting stuff compared to Windows, which has improved recently with the IOS 5.
2. No USB port ( using a camera connector give message "too much power required" even for normal USB data stick)
3. The need to connect to PC with Itunes for checking free disk space, deleting pod-casts, movies etc was a problem before, which is resolved now with IOS 5.
4. "Limited" Multi-tasking.
5. Poor quality of still camera. ( I am still to find any use of this as my phone camera is better than this).
6. Unable to download files from website with Ipad Safari browser, although other independent apps allow some funcionality in this respect, but much limited compared to Windows.
7. Only plays MP4 movie files, not the common AVI, MKV, XVID etc, but some recent apps have "acceptable" compatibility with most of them now.
8. I run out of space with 32GB, so get a 64GB.
9. Cannot read ebooks for long periods compared to ereaders due to eye strain from LCD screen.
10.Cannot view video content on websites with Safari browser like flash content, but a separate youtube app ( free) is helpful.
11.You still need a Laptop or Desktop as main computer.
12.The need to switch alphabet and numeric layout in keyboard is irritating, but it allows connecting to a bluetooth keyboard with ease.
13. You cannot change the battery yourself. Need to send it to Apple and they will send back one with a new battery for a price of 100 dollars.
I may be too critical about the Ipad, but it didn't meet some of my expectations, but surprised me in the amount of apps and pod casts available. So I give it an Average rating. But most reviews by tech gurus still rate is as the best tablet around, which others are struggling to emulate or beat. Overall I don't regret buying my Ipad, but I expect more for the price; would have been happy if it was 200 £ less
I find the iPad2 in itself an amazing invention, given the huge flexibility and portability which it offers. However, I won't give it five stars, for a few reasons that can be quite irritating. Firstly, when opening a web page, it tends to make the content completely unreadable by diminishing everything into miniscule letters and pictures pulled out into the periphery of the screen, forcing me to use the refresh symbol again and again to make it appear normal. Secondly, the thing has a tendency to freeze when I'm browsing, and far too often I could not rely on it when I needed it most, i.e. when an online auction bidding was about to end. Thirdly, I find it strange that Apple hasn't included forward and backward arrows on the keypad, which makes it trickier to go back and correct misspellings etc. because the marker doesn't seem to settle where I want it to when using my fingers. And finally, I find it rather difficult to adapt to the hypersensitive screen and need to take care when scrolling up and down in order to avoid hitting a box that would open a new (unwanted) link. Overall, however, three stars is my rating and I still find the iPad worth using.
I bought the first generation iPad over the 2nd as I just wanted to see what it was like and it was over £150 cheaper than the 2, with exactly the same software and many features, i always knew the fact it didnt have flash player on it would grate on me, and I was right. A lot of websites struggle to play properly on the iPad, big websites too like Ikea, ITV and a lot of other big names. The tablet is fairly heavy too, a lot heavier than I was expecting, thus making watching it in bed a no-go, you can't hold it up for too long so find yourself twisting to watch it which defeats the object. I think i've justified my thoughts that a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab is probably a better option. We'll see...!
Ipad 2 is no doubt a fantastic piece of machine.It is not ideal to use on daily basis as we use desktop or notebooks.I found it very complicated and difficult to delete a song or audio from Ipad 2 it took me hours to delete and at the end I just restore it to factory setting and plus I found it very difficult to use Ipad in my power point presentations. .Rest good to play with but I will still prefer my old computer.
Bought to save taking a laptop on trips. Can check and reply to emails etc.
Did not know it would not message non Apple devices!! This is a drop off.
Sometimes struggle to get back to things on the screen but I am old!!
I bought this product as I believed it offered good value for money for a lovely device.
It is as described and I enjoy using it very much. It s portable and user friendly
My only slight reservation is that for my particular iPad the wireless seems limited. I can access the Internet from the room with the hub or close by, but as soon as I go out of that room it disconnects.
I am in contact with the seller and do not anticipate any issues with talking this through.
Ok, needs to have flash to make a good tablet. Found that the wireless can be dodgy from time to time and that the app store is expensive.
machine is good would be better with usb port it is pretty heavy i think there are probably better products on the market for less money. You are also locked in to apple
Its a beautiful and highly functioning piece of equipment but the lack of a 3G makes this a highly limited equipment. Had to sell mine at a loss because i couldnt use it on the go. Wont advise anyone to buy one without a 3G.
Great product, only real frustration is no usb, but otherwise good for calander and games.
linked to iphone so keeps updating.