The Brilliant Fire of a 2ct Diamond Ring
Nothing matches the sparkle of a 2ct diamond ring, and the timeless quality of diamonds makes them the ideal choice for an engagement or eternity ring. They are also popular in dress rings. Whether you want to treat your loved one on a special occasion or purchase one for yourself, eBay has such a wide selection of 2ct diamond rings of all styles and settings, so you are sure to find exactly what you're looking for and at affordable prices.What factors should you consider before buying a 2ct diamond ring?
Apart from your budget, look at the ring's style and setting. It should be pleasing aesthetically, but to narrow down your choice further, think about:
- Number of rings: Choose whether you want a single ring, a bridal set, or a trio (with a matching band for the groom).
- Precious metal: Yellow/white/pink gold (of 9k, 14k, and 18k), platinum, and silver rings can all be found on eBay.
- Sizes: Rings are measured according to their inner circumference, and women's sizes range from J-P while men's average P-V.
- Diamond quality: Diamonds are graded according to their carat weight, cut, colour, and clarity.
- Setting: Your choice of styles such as solitaire, Tiffany, or halo depends on your personal preference, and how it matches other rings and/or the size of your hand.
- Source of diamond: Diamonds can be natural or lab-grown.
- Engraving: Some rings can be engraved, but the size of the inscription depends on the ring's width.
Jewellers refer to the grading of diamonds as the 4 Cs. These are:
- Carat weight: Although many people believe that carat refers to the size, it actually refers to the diamond's weight with 1 carat being equivalent to 200 mg.
- Cut: How the diamond has been cut affects its brilliance, and some popular cutting techniques include round brilliant and princess-cut.
- Colour: The colour of a diamond is graded from D (whitest) to Z.
- Clarity: The highest grades for clarity are IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS1, and VS2 which relates to flaws that are invisible to the naked eye.
Many of the 2ct diamond rings on eBay are sold with authentication certificates, which verify the grading of the diamond. Of all the labs which work in the industry, GIA and AGS are the most widely respected for their uncompromising standards in grading diamonds. Other labs may differ in their grading standards.