Reinvent Your Viewing Habits With a 50 LED Smart TV
The Smart TV market is incredibly diverse, representing a massive range of possible features. To help you choose a 50 inch LED Smart TV, eBay offers a wide range of models to suit all wallets, from a splurge purchase to a budget buy.What features should you consider when buying a 50 LED Smart TV?
In order to support your viewing habits in the long term, see the manufacturer site for details on software that will support future programming trends. As part of your research, you should also consider:
- An HDR set will provide you with a clear, bright image at all cost points.
- A minimum of a 120 Hz refresh rate will have more longevity.
- If you are on a tight budget, be aware that 4K functionality may be out of your price range.
- HDMI ports or HDPC compatibility will prepare your set for future image standards.
The cheapest 50 inch Smart TV is unlikely to come with 4K features or reflection handling. However, mid-range HDR models can provide good picture quality at a lower price, and even some of the cheapest 50 inch TV models can manage streaming. Other features to look for include:
- Interpolation features that will keep moving images clear.
- Check for input lag, particularly if you’re hoping to choose a Smart TV for gaming.
- A wide colour gamut and high contrast ratios will improve the clarity of a non-4K set.
- You don’t need a full range of applications from your smart TV. Provided you have connectivity, cheap or free apps may be available.
Every smart LED 50 inch TV has its own operating system, but not all are made alike:
- Voice control and Android compatibility are as important as an organised, intuitive interface.
- Artificially intelligent virtual assistants can answer some of your content requests.
- If you’re looking for a software–rich TV, 50 inch models may cover Freeview Play services such as BBC iPlayer and UK Play.