Feel the Need for Speed? - Wear 80s Fancy Dress Top Gun Costumes
Despite being released in 1986, 'Top Gun' is one of those classic iconic films that has stood the test of time. Starring Tom Cruise as Maverick and Kelly McGillis as his flight instructor, Charlie Blackwood, the film combines fighter aeroplane action scenes and a romance between the two main protagonists, which appeals to a wide audience. This makes it an ideal choice if you're looking for matching costumes to attend a fancy-dress party with a loved one. The wide variety of 80s fancy dress Top Gun costumes on eBay is equally suitable if you're planning a stag or hen party. You'll look great no matter what the occasion - and all at prices you can afford.What kind of 80s fancy dress Top Gun costumes are available?
Costumes are available in sizes S-XL or given as women's UK dress sizes, but always check the manufacturer's sizing chart before placing your order. Outfits might be more suited for warm/cold weather, so check their style. Types include:
- Men: Khaki or brown aviator overalls/jumpsuit.
- Men: White naval uniform (trousers with long- or short-sleeved shirt and/or jacket).
- Unisex: Loose-fitting naval bomber jacket (with naval insignia).
- Women: Khaki mini-dress or skirt accompanied by a cropped leather jacket.
- Women: Khaki play-suit or jumpsuit.
- Women: White naval uniform (jacket with miniskirt).
Many of the outfits are sold with all or some of the accessories, but you should always check the product description. If some are missing, they can be purchased separately on eBay. Depending on the type of outfit you choose, you might require some of the following:
- White naval hat.
- A baseball cap.
- Military-style footwear or plain dress shoes.
- Dog tags.
- Gold wings pin.
- Badge with stars and wings emblem.
- Aviator sunglasses, some models with mirrored lenses.
Kelly McGillis sports a very 80s hairstyle in the film: a blonde shoulder-length bob with a soft wave. If your hair length isn't suitable, wigs can be purchased from eBay to give your appearance an authentic look. Alternatively, in many scenes of the film, the actress wears her hair tucked up in a baseball cap. This is a very easy style to achieve - no matter what your hairstyle. Dressing as Tom Cruise requires a short haircut, or hair can be slicked back off the face and worn with a naval or baseball cap.