Astra Cars: Over Three Decades of Staying in Vogue
Since 1979 and again in 1991, the fourth-generation Vauxhall Astra hatchback has remained one of the more popular family cars in the UK. In fact, it is still the second best-selling car in the UK and has several variations to keep its appeal going strong into the 2021 decade. For instance, the MK4 Astra is just one of several choices available on eBay, and other options are the Astra SRI, the Astra SXI, and even modified Astras.How do you select Vauxhall models and years for sale?
New and pre-owned Vauxhall Astra cars have a well-earned reputation for reliability and roominess. Best-selling cars such as the Astra 1.6 have a tendency to have many options to please buyers. For example, the Vauxhall Astra SXI 2002 has both petrol and diesel options with many additional engine sizes ranging from 1.2 to 1.6 to 2.2 litres. You even have a choice for a turbo engine option for the 2002 model as well as a coupe, estate, and the hatchback body types. Incidentally, the Astra SXI stands for sports rally injection and the SRI means sport extra injection.
Another good example year is Opel Astra 2009 for sale. Since the original 1979 Opel Kadett eventually evolved into the Vauxhall Astra in 1991, the Opel name has continued to be associated with the Vauxhall Astra to this day. As a result, the fifth-generation Opel Astra 2009 is the same Vauxhall Astra, and the variations include:
- Five petrol engines with 1.4 to 1.8 litres and power between 90 to 180 horsepower
- Five diesel engines with 1.2 to 1.9 litres and power between 90 to 150 horsepower
- Transmissions versions range from nine manual versions and five automatic versions
- The average fuel consumption in combined cycle for petrol is between 5.9 to 8.4 litres per 100km, and for diesel it is between 4.8 to 7.0 litres per 100km
- Opel Astra 1.4 is the most economical petrol engine at 5.9 litres per 100km
- Opel Astra 1.3 CDTi is the most economical diesel engine at 4.8 litres per 100km
The years between 2009 and 2015 saw the continual refinement of a British iconic car. The 2012 Astra for sale includes several improved models. They were the three and five-door hatchback and estate bodies as well as petrol and diesel versions. Models included the Expression, Design, Excite, Limited Edition, Tech Line, Tech Line GT, SRi, BiTurbo, Elite, and VXR.Buying a customised Astra
Customising cars is a passion for many, and the modified Astra is a prime example. Whether it is a Vauxhall Astra MK4 or a Vauxhall Astra SRI, you can indulge in a unique or powerful Vauxhall Astra MK4 SRI. Just about any part of the modified Astra can be changed to your specifications. A modified engine, sports tyres, custom seats, or a sunroof can remake the Astra SRI into your dream car.