Turn Up the Sound on Your B&W Hi-Fi Speakers
The world’s first B&W hi-fi speakers were produced in the 70s, and ever since, the brand has continued to focus on creating natural sound. With nearly 870 designs available, B&W speakers have evolved enormously in recent years. Today’s models still feature the same core elements of the disco era, including diamond tweeters, matrix technology, and carefully imagined cabinets. eBay has a wide range of B&W speakers available to browse.How do B&W loudspeakers produce sound?
Many of the newer B&W hi-fi speakers feature Continuum cones, a fabrication designed by Bowers and Wilkins to produce a more realistic sound. The 800 series relies on a new design that includes a metal sink to absorb overwrought energy. You can expect several other advances from the brand:
- B&W 600 Series speakers provide surround sound through a range of channels, bookshelf speakers, and subwoofers.
- B&W P5 speakers are small headphones that produce a decidedly big sound with controlled and weighted bass.
- B&W tower speakers are often built on spikes for optimal room placement.
- B&W woofers have diamond, Continuum, and Aerofoil drivers to help devices cover the full sound spectrum.
B&W speakers can be used for any style of sound, whether it's rock, pop, or even a podcast. B&W offers a series of pocket-friendly offerings as well as high-end speakers that deliver premium sound:
- If you favour vocals or classical music, floor-standing models are best.
- 60s rock requires speakers that embolden middle tones.
- Pop music requires flat sound at high volumes.
- Bass-heavy tracks need loud, clear sound with powerful woofers that resist distortion.
Before you buy B&W speakers, you should familiarise yourself with an engineer's thought process. This could help you to approach them more objectively:
- The 600 Series is the entry-level range. All four models were designed for home theatre and analogue sound.
- Each mid-range speaker has a decoupled dome tweeter to manage higher frequencies.
- The 802 Diamond range was made to avoid colouring music. The diamond tweeter produces a nuanced interpretation of strings and bass.
- Aerofoil woofers are engineered to manage high wattage without distortion.