Everything You Need to Know About Bernina Sewing Machines
Bernina sewing machines have a solid reputation as one of the most dependable sewing machines on the market today. Berninas serger sewing machines are customised to be faster and more effective for quilting. You can find new and used Bernina sewing machines and sergers on eBay.What are Bernina sewing machines characteristic features?
Berninas serger machines are different from other serger sewing machine models in that they use an all-steel, front-loading bobbin system. This Bernina system comes in one of three bobbin driver designs:
- B9 hook: The bobbins for a B9 hook hold 70% more thread than standard bobbin designs. This permits you to sew for longer intervals without interruptions.
- Rotary hook: The rotary hook, which is also known as a rotating hook, is used in lockstitch models. It produces fewer vibrations when it operates at high speeds.
- CB hook: The CB hook system is Bernina’s patented oscillating hook system. It’s specially engineered to solve skipped stitches and thread tension issues.
Bernina sewing machine models focus on ease of use and advanced performance:
- Bernina 330: The Bernina 330 is Bernina’s entry-level sewing machine. It has a built-in needle threader, which makes changing thread a cinch for even the most inexperienced fabric artist. It also has an automatic buttonhole function and LED light so that you can see precisely what you’re doing at all times. Best of all, this sewing machine has a lot of built-in memory and 30 slots for stitch combo creations so that novices feel confident being creative.
- Bernina 1008 sewing machine: The Bernina 1008 is an extremely versatile machine that can be used to sew cotton, linen, wool, polyester, and even leather. It has 17 basic stitching options with a colour-coded selection guide that makes choosing the right stitch for your sewing task extremely simple.
- Bernina 560 E: The Bernina 560 E is a 3-in-1 machine that lets you sew, quilt, and embroider. It has nearly 700 basic stitching options, a computerised touchscreen that allows you to partially automate projects, and a memory function that will allow you to save as many of your previous embroidery stitches as you like.
Bernina sewing machines have a lot of accessories that allow you to customise the sewing process in creative ways:
- Presser feet: A presser foot is an accessory that holds the fabric you’re sewing in place as you feed it through your sewing machine.
- Zipper feet: A zipper foot is a specialised presser foot thats engineered to keep the teeth of any zipper youre working on out of range of your needle.
- Stitch plates: A stitch plate covers your sewing machines stitching area, leaving only the needle exposed.