The Countryside Awaits in the BMW 3 Series Touring
The BMW 3 Series Touring was first produced in 1987 as a body option for the BMW Series 3 line in the second generation of the model. The Touring is considered an executive car built for comfort when travelling long distances whether for business or on holiday with the family. An affordably priced BMW 3 Series Touring can easily be found on eBay.Early generations for BMW 3 Series estates for sale
The BMW 3 Series Touring was first produced in the second generation of the model. Since then, the Touring has remained part of the 3 Series line. Each generation has brought changes to the vehicle.
- BMW 3 Series Touring E30 - The first Touring generation was in production from 1988-1993 and was based on BWM's E30 platform. It is powered by a six-cylinder engine that is either 2 or 2.5 litres.
- Touring E36 - This generation was in production from 1994-1999, based on the E36 platform. The exterior design focused on aerodynamics, with covered headlamps, a wedge-shaped body, and smaller side mirrors.
- BMW E46 Touring - The E46 was built from 1997-2004, giving the driver newer technologies such as a navigation system, LED taillights, and rain-sensing wipers.
Later generations of the BMW Touring for sale provided significant updates to the chassis and engines. The E91 was produced from 2005-2012. It was built with a longer chassis and wheelbase, providing more room for luggage and passengers. The F31 version of BMW was built from 2012-2019. The Touring came with three-, four-, or six-cylinder petrol or diesel models.What are standard features of the BMW Series 3 Touring for sale?
Several features of the BMW Touring for sale are found on most of the generations of the autos. The stylistic features are some of the distinctions that make the BMW easily recognizable on the road. These include:
- Dashboard angled toward the driver - This stylistic feature is also a comfort feature for drivers.
- Twin headlights - The BMW twin headlight design began with the second generation.
- Hoffmeister kink at the c-pillar - This small design feature is found on the lower rear window. It has been copied by other manufacturers and is seen as a sign of a luxury model.
- Hood crease - The hood crease can be found on all generations of the BMW Series 3 estate models.
- Petrol or diesel - Each generation has provided both petrol and diesel models available for purchase.