An Overview of Bailey Caravans for Sale
The Bailey of Bristol company has been making caravans since its founding in 1948. They have produced many models over the years for the leisure vehicle marketplace. Here is an overview of the new and used Bailey caravans for sale on eBay.Available models of Bailey touring caravans
Bailey currently has 26 models of caravans in production. The models are made under the names of Alicanto Grande, Discovery, Phoenix, Pegasus Grande, and Unicorn. There are also a number of affordable used Bailey caravans available, including earlier versions of the Discovery, Pegasus, and Unicorn series models as well as ones no longer in production, such as the Olympus caravan series.How many berths do the models have?
The number of berths ranges from two to six in the 26 models available.
- Two berth models: Phoenix 420, Discovery D4-2, and Unicorn Black Merida.
- Three-berth model: Discovery D4-3
- Four-berth models: Phoenix 440, 640, 642, and 644; Pegasus Grande Bologna, Messina, Bologna, and Rimini; Alicanto Grande Porto, Estoril, & Sintra; Discovery D4-4; Unicorn Black Valencia, Vigo, Cadiz, Cabrera, Cartegena, and Pamplona.
- Five-berth model: Phoenix 650
- Six-berth models: Phoenix 760, Pegasus Grande Turin, and Pegasus Grande Palermo.
There are three different types of Thetford combination oven and grill setups used in the new Bailey Caravans. The setups may differ in older models.
- A three-gas burner hob model is available in the Discovery series models.
- The four-burner hob model is used in the Phoenix series models.
- The combination oven and grill model with an electric hotplate and three gas burner hob is used in the Unicorn, Pegasus Grande, and Alicanto Grande series models.
The Bailey caravans offer a number of exterior and interior features, including:
- Proprietary Alu-Tech bodyshell set on an AL-KO galvanised steel chassis
- Twin-single, fixed-single bunk, and double beds that can house from two to six people, depending on the model
- Truma Combi heating system for heating water and the inside of the caravan
- Dual-fuel gas and electric power sources
- 800-Watt microwave to defrost and warm up food and beverages
- 103-litre refrigeration and freezer unit for single-axle caravans
- 134-litre refrigeration and freezer unit for double-axle ones
- Digital control panels to regulate the fan and water
- Inboard shower units with eco-camel shower heads
- C-260 cassette toilets with remote header tank
- Pipe waste plumbing system
- Smoke and carbon dioxide alarms
- Front bed on an easy slide track
- Slats seats and bed bases