Barbecue Tools & Accessories
To barbecue food, there are various tools and accessories which you will find useful in addition to the cooking grill.
Generally, these items will help cook the food in some way, add to the eating experience or be used to clean or maintain the equipment.
Types of barbecue tools and accessories
There are a huge amount of barbecue tools and accessories available. Some of them include:
- Barbecue covers
- Maintenance and cleaning equipment
- Utensils and utensil kits
- Lighters and igniters
- Protective clothing such as gloves and aprons
- Thermometers and temperature gauges
- Charcoal and wood chips
- Charcoal starters
- Grates and trays
Why use barbecue tools and accessories?
There are so many different tools and accessories, but here are a few examples of why they may come in handy:
- Barbecue covers - These can be used to help protect barbecuing equipment against adverse weather and allow the barbecue to be stored outside all year round
- Maintenance and cleaning equipment - Is used to ensure the equipment is hygienic and prolong the life of the barbecue
- Utensils and utensil kits - They allow for more preparation and cooking options
- Thermometers and temperature gauges - These help give accurate readings for the heat of food, which is especially important when serving meats
- Charcoal starters - A charcoal starter speeds up the lighting of charcoal
How to care for barbecue tools and accessories
Barbecue tools and accessories will need to be cared for in various ways depending on the type of equipment. Here are a few examples:
- Metal items such as serving tongs, spits and rotisseries will need to be cleaned and dried after each use
- Charcoal and wood chips will need to be stored in a dry place
- Gloves and aprons should be checked for splits or rips before use
When using any barbecue tools and accessories, it is important to read the manufacturer’s instructions before use.
For some items, the instructions will be advice based, but for others you will need to follow safety guidelines to get the best, safest use out of the product.