The Versatility of a Womens Bomber Jacket
Although originally created to keep pilots warm in the 1st World War, bomber jackets have undergone many transformations since then. Nowadays, they are one of the most versatile fashion items which can be worn in different ways depending on the time of day and the occasion. They are also suitable for all seasons, and their lack of bulk makes them more comfortable than a full-length coat. Whatever type of womens bomber jacket youre interested in and whatever your budget, youll be able to find exactly what you want among the wide selection on eBay.How can you narrow down your choice of womens bomber jacket?
Apart from the price and whether you wish to purchase a new or used bomber jacket, you should also consider factors such as:
- Manufacturer: Choose between branded and non-branded jackets.
- Sizes: Womens bomber jackets are sold in UK dress sizes 6-26 or S-3XL.
- Colours: Apart from classic colours like khaki and black, bomber jackets come in a wide variety of colours as well as floral and leopard prints.
- Material: Youll find jackets in many different fabrics, such as leather, polyester, satin, faux fur, and velveteen.
- Length: Although bomber jackets traditionally reach the waist, longer jackets (to mid-thigh) are now available.
- Fastener: Bomber jackets might have a zip or pop fasteners.
- Extra detail: Military-style badges, slogans, sequins, and/or fur trim around the collar can be found on some bomber jackets.
The usual look for a womens bomber jacket is sporty/casual by teaming it with a pair of narrow jeans or leggings, a T-shirt or crop top, and trainers or boots. However, the manufacture of these jackets in more luxurious materials such as satin has meant that they can now be worn with skirts, dresses, or shorts for a more feminine and elegant look. Plain dress trousers and feminine blouses look good with floral jackets, and this outfit is ideal for evening wear. If your bomber jacket is fuller, you shouldnt wear baggy separates on the bottom to avoid looking too chunky.How warm is a womens bomber jacket?
The warmth of a bomber jacket depends on its outer material, and whether it has a quilted or faux fur lining. If youre planning to wear it in cold weather, a sweatshirt or hoodie can be worn underneath to keep you warm. If you intend to wear your jacket with layers, its a good idea to go one size up when choosing a jacket.