Other Building Supplies You May Need When Landscaping
In addition to the main categories of landscaping and building supplies, there are many items that don't warrant their own category. From textile coverings to manhole covers to tarpaulins, find new and used items at affordable prices on eBay.Other building materials category
eBay offers a number of different types of items in this catch-all category. They include:
- Manhole and grate coverings
- Terram or geotextile coverings
- Membranes for waterproofing or moisture barriers
- Rubble bags
The type of geotextile membrane you are looking for will depend on what you are using it for. Most of the time, homeowners are using terram for landscaping and drainage purposes. If you need to use terram for a larger commercial project, you will most likely use a different type than for personal use. The main types of terram that you will find are:
- Standard geotextiles - Used as filter separators and for ground stabilisation.
- Robust geotextiles - Used as filter separators, protection, and erosion control.
- Weed suppressors - Blocks weed growth without chemicals. Allows water, oxygen, and nutrients to still enter the soil.
- Rootguard - Protects buildings, walls, and lawns from roots growing up and destroying them.
When shopping for terram, you will often see them designated as woven or non-woven. The type you want depends on the project you want it for. Woven geotextiles are less porous, which makes them a good choice for things such as road construction, as it will provide erosion control. Non-woven terrams are created by bonding materials together with either heat or chemicals. This material will be very porous, making it useful when drainage is necessary. However, it is not used for projects that require stabilisation. Landscaping terram will most often be made with a non-woven geotextile.What's terram 1000?
When shopping for terram, you will often see numbers following the name of the product, such as 700, 1000, and 2000. This number stands for how heavy the roll is. T700 is both shorter and lighter than the other rolls. A roll of T1000 weighs 60 kilogrammes, while a roll of T2000 weighs 100 kilogrammes. This is important to know because you may be looking for a heavier weighted terram. Lighter weights are great for landscaping projects, but you may need a heavier weight for other types of projects, such as road construction.