Shop by Type
Shop by Brand
Save on Camera Lens Hoods
- Lee Filters Universal Angle Hood with Integrated Filter Holder£152.00Trending at £203.54
- Phot-R 52mm Flower Petal Screw-On Lens Hood for Canon Nikon Sony Olympus Pentax£4.99Trending at £6.94
- Genuine Nikon HB-40 Lens Hood for AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED£29.50Trending at £31.17
- JJC Screw-in Metal Lens Hood fr Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R WR Lens as Fuji LH-XF35-2£8.94Trending at £12.66
- Bayonet Mount SLR Lens Hood Shade For NIKON HB-N106 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6£1.89Trending at £1.98
- Genuine Nikon HB-53 Lens Hood for AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR£23.50Trending at £34.99
- LH-DC90 Bayonet Mount Lens Hood for Canon Powershot SX60 HS Camera New.£1.73Trending at £1.88
- LH-61E Lens Hood Shade for Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 70-300mm£9.99Trending at £11.74
Refurbished Photography – Save up to 50%
From cameras to lensesShop event
Limited time deals
- HB-34 Lens Hood for Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Lens£6.99
- Phot-R 67mm Screw-On Mount Metal Lens Hood for Canon Nikon Sony Olympus Pentax£3.95
- Phot-R 58mm Centre-Pinch Front Lens Cap + 58mm Flower Petal Lens Hood£5.49
- JJC LH-46GFII Lens Hood for Panasonic Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 20mm f/1.7 II ASPH Lens£9.75
- HB-23 Lens Hood For Nikon 10-24mm/17-35mm/18-35mm/12-24mm Lenses£6.99
- JJC LH-J48B Black Metal Lens Hood for OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm 1:1.8 Lens£25.95
Hot this week
- EW-60C EW60C Lens Hood for CANON EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II 28-90mm 28-80mm£24.004 left
- 58mm Petal Flower Lens Hood Universal For Canon Nikon Sony Olympus Pentax Camera£1.056 left
- HB-69 Lens Hood For Nikon AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II D3200 D3300 D5200 C£0.9924 sold
- Lens Hood For Nikon HB-N106 D5300 D3300 AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR£2.9917 sold
- Lens Cap+Hood+UV Filter For 55mm Nikon D5500 D5300 D5600 D3400 AF-P 18-55mm Hot£2.847 sold
- Lens Hood For Nikon D3300 D5300 AF-P 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR as HB-N106 10-100mm£3.857 sold
- Lens Hood For Nikon HB-N106 D5300 D3300 AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR£1.957 sold
- Black HB-32 Plastic Blackout Dedicated Lens Hood For Nikon 18-105 18-140 Lenses£3.766 sold
- NEW JJC LH-54B Lens Hood for CANON EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Replace ET-54B£10.39
- ET-83C ET83C Camera Lens Hood for Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS£4.42
- ET-63 et63 Bayonet Lens Hood for Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM£4.22Was: Previous price£4.59
- Flower Lens Hood for Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Replace for ET-63 ET63£4.25Was: Previous price£4.62
- 55mm Metal Wide Angle Lens Hood Screw Mount for Canon Nikon Fuji sony£3.84
- Canon EW-43 Digital Camera Lens Hood Filter EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Digital Camera£24.99
- JJC BLACK LH-J55C Lens Hood for OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ£11.99
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
Camera Lens Hoods
When using your camera in bright light or sunshine, a lens hood is an essential accessory for your camera. Camera lens hoods help to reduce the flare, which occurs when direct sunlight beams into the lens and is reflected on the inside of the lens. There are many different camera lens hoods available that can help reduce flare, capture different light and suit your specific camera model.
Benefits of camera lens hoods
Camera lens hoods are a highly useful tool that can help to improve the quality of your picture, by reducing the problematic effects of flare. Camera flare shows up in the photograph in many different ways.
Flare can scatter various circular shapes of different colours across your image, ruining the effect contrast and detracting from the subject of the photograph. As well as circles adorning the picture, flare can also reduce the contrast of your photograph and make it appear hazy and less refined.
Using a lens hood with your digital camera is the most effect way to eliminate occurrences of these problems.
Types of camera lens hoods
When choosing a lens hood for your camera, it is important that you choose the right size to fit your lens and camera model. You can find many lens hoods that are specially designed to fit certain lenses.
Lens hoods come with different styles of fastenings. These include screw-on, slip-on and snap-on. Snap-ons are the easiest lens hoods to apply to your camera, as all you need to do it firmly push them on.
Not all camera lenses are the same size. When choosing the size of your lens hood, you need to make sure it is not to narrow and that it gives adequate protection from the sun. You should always make sure that the lens hood you buy is wider and longer than your camera lens to reduce flare completely.
There are many different shapes of camera lens hoods which help to give a different effect to your images. While round lens hoods look like a lampshade, they are ideal for situations of extreme brightness, as they let very little light enter the lens. On the other hand, a petal lens hood has slits to allow a little light in to create a warm glow on the picture.
A wide range of brands manufacture camera lens hoods including Canon, Olympus and Leica. However, more affordable options include unbranded lens hoods.