Shop by Brand
Shop by Compatible Brand
Save on Camera Microphones
- Rode VideoMicro Compact On Camera Microphone Lightweight Audio Selfie Phone NEW£47.16Trending at £49.64
- XTRONS Mini External Microphone for PC Bluetooth Device of Car DVD Player Stereo£7.34Trending at £9.57
- RØDE VideoMic GO On Camera Microphone - Black/Red£65.30Trending at £68.37
- Rode VideoMicro Compact On Camera Microphone NEW£46.99Trending at £48.35
- Saramonic SR-GMX1 - Platinum Lavalier Clip-on Microphone with Lapel Clip, Foam a£34.95Trending at £39.89
- Rode DEADCATGO Furry Wind Cover For VideoMic GO£20.99Trending at £22.14
- RODE Deadcat VMP£18.00Trending at £28.28
- BOYA BY-M1 Clip-On Microphone for DSLR Camera/Smartphone/Camcorder/Audio Recorde£18.02Trending at £18.92
- RØDE VideoMic Go on Camera Microphone - Black/RedTrending price£62.11 New
- Rode VideoMic Pro R Compact Directional on Camera MicrophoneTrending price£149.70 New
- Rode Ntg4 Condenser Microphone Shotgun MicrphoneTrending price£229.12 New
- Rode VideoMicro Compact On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shock MountTrending price£49.64 New
- Rode Microphones VideoMic Me Directional Microphone for Smart PHONESTrending price£49.95 New
- Rode VMGO Video Mic Go Lightweight On-camera Microphone Super-cardioTrending price£55.24 New
- Rode VideoMic Directional Condenser Microphone With Rycote Lyre ShockmountTrending price£83.77 New
- Micromuff SKINNY Wind Muffler Fast DeliveryTrending price£15.50 New
Hot this week
- ES006EU Mini External Microphone for PC or Bluetooth Device of Car DVD Player£1.73Almost gone
- XTRONS Mini External Microphone for PC Bluetooth Device of Car DVD Player Stereo£7.347 left
- Mini External Microphone for PC or Bluetooth Device of Car DVD Player Head Unit£3.139 sold
- 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Mic For Canon Nikon DSLR Camera DV Camcorder UK£11.996 sold
- SGC-598 PRO Shotgun DV Stereo MIC Microphone for Canon Pentax Nikon DSLR Camera£21.655 sold
- HTDZ Professional Camera Condenser Microphone 48v / 1.5v + XLR Cable£29.994 sold
- Takstar Stereo Microphone Camera SGC-698 for Nikon DSLR Camera Camcorder O9B2£27.444 sold
- SG-108 Stereo Video Shotgun Microphone for Nikon Canon Camera DV Camcorder UK£19.804 sold
- 5X(FT Boya BY-B03 Deadkitten Artificial Fur Wind Shield for Micorphone BY-VM02)£39.75
- Wireless Lavalier Microphone for Canon Nikon DSLR Camera Camcorder Phones LF791£59.85
- Professional Shotgun Condenser DSLR Camera MIC Microphone +Bracket for Canon£11.67
- BOYA BY-V02 Stereo Condensor miniphone for DSLR 5D2 5D Mark III 6D 600D N1V6£52.55
- MegaGear "14.37Â Professional Shotgun Camcorder and Camera Microphone£49.11
- BOYA BY-MM1 Compact On-Camera Video Microphone Mic for iPhone Android Smartphone£31.99
- BOYA BY-P140 Fur Windscreen Windshield for Microphone Outdoor Interview£29.79
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Rowa RW-109 Microphone for Canon EOS Nikon DSLR + Camcorder£19.95Free postageMake offer
Buying an external microphone for your camera is essential if you want to record audio that is high quality. Investing in a camera microphone means that you no longer need to rely on the in-built microphone which is not always of the highest quality and allows you to pick up sounds more accurately and clearly.
Types of camera microphones
Depending on what kind of external microphone connection you have on your camera will depend on what camera microphones you should go for. Double check if your digital camera has a stereo jack or an XLR jack for microphone connectivity. It is very important to check that the camera microphone will fit in the jack securely.
As a rule of thumb, there are three types of camera microphones. Shotgun microphones are mounted on to your camcorder and can also be attached to a boom pole. Generally, this tends to pick up on all sounds. The shotgun camera microphone is ideal if you want to pick up sounds from multiple speakers or ambient sounds.
For video interviews, generally lapel/lavalier camera microphones are most suitable as they can be easily attached to a subject's top or shirt and the mic will pick up on not only the subjects voice but surrounding sounds too. These are the most inconspicuous microphones as they simply look like a clip.
Lastly, for a well rounded camera microphone, you can always go for a handheld camera microphone . The sound quality of these camera microphones are excellent but they do tend to be quite heavy after prolonged use. These are the classic style of mic and also work great for unplanned interviews.
From camera microphones for GoPro to Nikon, you can find a variety of camera microphones to suit the brand of camera that you are using. With GoPro, you can expect to find microphones such as the Mini GoPro microphone MIC and collar clip for the GoPro Hero, which plugs directly into the camera and provides a high-quality sound that is ideal for vlogging and for conducting interviews.
Simply attach the crocodile clip to the subject's clothing to ensure the best possible sound. It also comes with a mini USB connection to allow you to easily transfer the footage and sound to a laptop or tablet.
If size is an issue, why not opt for a small microphone that will still allow you to capture the sounds required but without compromising on space.