Shop by Compatible Brand
Shop by Brand
Save on Camera & Video Lights
- Viltrox 132 LED Slim LCD Bi-Color Dimmable Camera Studio Video Light for DSLR£28.02Trending at £31.03
- Godox 500 LED Studio Video Continuous Light Lamp For Camera DV Camcorder 5600K£99.98Trending at £145.43
- Neewer Dimmable Bi-color LED with U Bracket and Barndoor Video Light(UK Plug)£109.99Trending at £121.01
- Yongnuo YN300 III 5500K Pro LED Video Studio Light Control for Canon Nikon DV£43.50Trending at £45.82
- Lume Cube 1500 Lumen LED Light With Smartphone Control - Grey£88.00Trending at £89.75
- Yongnuo YN-600 Pro LED Video Light 3200K - 5500K Dual Color Temperature SN£65.98Trending at £79.26
- YN-160 III LED Video Light 3200K-5500K for Nikon D7100 D800 D700 D3100 D7000 D80£31.97Trending at £58.49
- WANSEN W228 228LED Video Camera Light B4M7£14.88Trending at £15.36
- Viltrox L132 LED Slim LCD Bi-color Dimmable Studio Video Light 2 Battery ChargerTrending price£31.53 New
- Rotolight Neo Continuous LED Lighting With Colour Temperature ControllerTrending price£200.69 New
- 2x Godox 500 LED Studio Video Continuous Lighting for Camera Camcorder 5600k KitTrending price£145.43 New
- YONGNUO Yn600 3200k-5500k Adjustable LED Video Light Battery Car Charger KitTrending price£98.68 New
- Yongnuo Yn-600l 600led Studio Video Light Lamp Nikon Camcorder DSLR U0 D3f5Trending price£66.90 New
- 160 LED Video Light Lamp Lighting Hot Shoe for Canon Nikon DSLR Camera CamcorderTrending price£15.11 New
- YONGNUO Yn300 III 5500k Pro LED Video Studio Light Control for Canon Nikon DVTrending price£45.82 New
- Lume Cube 1500 Lumen LED Light With Smartphone Control - GreyTrending price£67.09 New
Limited time deals
- VNIX 1500B Bicolour Video Lights LED Panel Dimmable Film Interview Screen£322.99
- PIXAPRO 2xLECO500 Video Lighting LED Panel Dimmable Film Interview Lights Remote£303.23
- VNIX 1500B Twin Kit Bi-Colour Studio Video Light LED Panel With DMX Output£687.79
- NEW Model 40LED Selfie Ring Light Makeup Mirror Camera Recharge Dim Photos Video£11.72
Hot this week
- VILTROX L - 132T Universal Ultra Thin 3300 - 5600K Photography LED Light£19.934 left
- Viltrox L132T LED Video Light Ultra Thin LCD Bi-Color & Dimmable for DSLR Camera£31.994 left
- Bestlight Photo Studio PT-176S On Camera LED Video Light for Canon Nikon Sony£16.9910 left
- UK 160 LED Video Light Studio Lamp for Canon Nikon Pentax DSLR Camera Camcorder£18.998 sold
- Aputure Amaran AL-198C LED Light WD£35.338 sold
- Godox LED 64 Video Lamp Light for Digital Camera Camcorder DV Canon Nikon Sony£14.996 sold
- 160 LED Video Light Lamp Lighting Hot Shoe for Canon Nikon DSLR Camera Camcorder£14.986 sold
- WD Nanguang Luxpad22 Pro Ultra Thin 112-LED 11W Video Light Pad for e£19.646 sold
- 300 LED Video Light Lamp Panel Dimmable for Canon Nikon DSLR Camera 3200K-6000K£36.99
- Travor 4 in 1 HD-160 LED Video Light Lamp DSLR Camera Camcorder Photography Set£232.56
- Suptig High Power Dimmable Dual Battery Waterproof LED Video Light Fill Night...£33.39
- 80 LED Fill Light Panel Video Lighting with Hotshoe + Monopod for GoPro LD1041£29.99
- Travor Bi-Color FL-3060A Flexible 448pcs LED Light for Photography Shooting£128.78Was: Previous price£139.98
- NEW Ad-96 Mini Portable On-Camera Led Video Fill-In Light Panel 5500K /£28.00
- 10X(Selens GE-12L LED Video Light Lamp Panel 12W 1200LM Dimmable for Canon Ni)PA£218.01
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Excelvan LED Studio Video Light with 2.4G Wireless Remote Control£50.00Free postageMake offer
Camera Video Lights
Lighting a subject for video photography can be done in one of two ways, either with an on-camera light which is popular with reporters, or a three-point lighting system with a backlight, key light and fill light.
Lighting is used to 'light' a subject for the camera and illuminate a subject should there be insufficient natural light.
On-camera video lights
An on-camera light is useful when lighting is needed quickly or it is not possible to set up a three-point lighting system. They are light in weight, intense and sturdy. They can be used anywhere in any location and are able to produce well-lit videos. They are also used in photographing wildlife and can be used to decrease the contrast between light and shadow.
However, small camera lights can create a harsh light and hard shadow edge and will enhance every feature of the subject's face. Most camera mounted lights sit in the centre above the lens so a hard light will glare into the eyes of the subject causing them to squint and create a 2 dimensional flat space when it should be 3 dimensional, which can be unflattering. A piece of material across the front of the light will soften and spread the light. Offsetting the camera will also minimise the harshness of the centre-mounted light.
Some on-camera lights offer a very narrow output and others a wider coverage. Increasing the distance from the subject will reduce the harshness of the light. Balance the use of on-camera lights with ambient light and adjust the camera setting so the natural and camera light have matching exposures. Some on-camera lights have a dimmer control. Alternatively, it is possible to manipulate the balance using the camera-to-subject distance function.
Each on-camera light model differs in output colour that varies from tungsten-balances to daylight, and most lights include conversion filters that can adjust back to tungsten or daylight. Filters can be used for more than correction, and the colour may need to be adjusted slightly.
To use a three point lighting system for video production, you will need a backlight, a key light and a fill light.
The backlight is situated behind the subject and provides light on the head and shoulders. Its function is to separate the subject from the background. The key light is the main light and provides the dominant lighting for the subject. The fill light is a supporting light for the key light and mirrors the key light at a lower intensity, filling the shadows created by the key light.