Take Professional Photos With a Canon 50mm 1.4 Lens
The Canon 50mm 1.4 lens offers a fixed focal length and a maximum aperture of f/1.4. This lens can attach to any Canon SLR that you have. Shop eBay to find new and used lenses to meet your needs now.Why does maximum aperture matter?
The maximum aperture on the Canon 50mm 1.4 is f/1.4. That is a large opening, allowing for a significant amount of natural light. The benefit of having a large aperture opening is that you can use faster shutter speeds in dark situations or use a long shutter speed without losing any of the image quality. Further, you will be less likely to need your flash unit when shooting in low-light settings. The f/1.4 stop is one of the largest openings available on a lens.What is bundled with the Canon 55mm 1.4 lens?
eBay offers a wide array of custom bundles for you to choose from when shopping for parts for your Canon 50mm 1.4 lens. Such can provide you with more of the lens accessories that you need to take pictures. Note that the accessories will vary by bundle.
- Lens hood: A hood protects the lens from UV rays so that the pictures don't contain a solar flare.
- Lens caps: A cap is present at both ends of the lens to offer protection.
- Lens leash: A leash keeps the front lens cap attached to the lens when you take pictures.
- Carry pouch: Carry the lens protectively when it isn't mounted to the camera body.
- Cleaning kit: Brushes and cloths can keep the glass clean on the lens.
You may find a number of features available in a Canon 50mm 1.4 lens, including:
- Autofocus: Focus in on the subject without having to make manual adjustments.
- Macro: Get close to a subject without losing focus.
- Zoom: Obtain another focal length, making the lens either a wide angle or a telephoto one.
It's critical to review the mount type of the camera. If you have a Canon SLR, the most common mount is the Canon EF. However, it's possible to have another SLR, too. You will want to find a lens that has the same mount type as the camera body so that you don't have to use an adapter ring. There are a few options available for the Canon 50mm 1.4 lens.
- Canon EF
- Nikon AF
- Pentax K
- Sony E-mount