Everything You Need to Know About Buying Car Wheel Centre Caps
Your car lost its small centre cap or alloy wheel logo and you'd like to replace it so that all four tyres and wheels match. Perhaps your centre wheel caps got rusty, or you want something flashier to show off your style. On eBay, you can choose different materials, sizes, brands, and styles of wheel centre caps.The available styles of wheel caps on eBay
The available styles of affordable car wheel centre caps include:
- Emblem: This features the car manufacturer's emblem, such as the Jaguar of the same brand, the stacked V and W of VW, or the chequered circle of BMW.
- Logo: This style features the logo of the company in the centre of the cap.
- Trademark: This typically features the name of the manufacturer.
- Traditional: This is a metallic or powder-coated cap, and it typically has a shiny finish.
- Customised: You can choose a centre cap with a customised design.
You may want used wheel caps if you have a vintage car and need old wheel caps to match it. If you're restoring a car, you may prefer centre caps that match its year of manufacture. If your car is no longer manufactured and the company no longer makes replacement parts, pre-owned wheel caps may be the only option.The materials centre caps are made from
When purchasing new or used centre caps, you'll find they are made from:
- Chrome: This is a thin layer of chromium on steel or a steel alloy.
- Alloy: Most centre caps are made from steel alloy for strength and corrosion resistance.
- Stainless steel: Some of the wheel caps may be made of stainless steel.
- Plastic: Some of the cheap wheel caps are made from plastic and they snap into place.
When you're shopping for alloy wheel centre caps for sale, consider their:
- Brand: Some of the options on eBay include Jaguar, Ford, VW, and BMW wheel caps.
- Logo: Select a raised or painted logo, emblem, car manufacturer's name, or no logo.
- Size: They range from 54 mm to 60 mm wheel centre caps.
- Style: The car manufacturers often change the style of their alloy wheel cap from one year to the next, so you may want one that matches your car's year of production.
- Set: You can get one or a set of four alloy wheel logos.