Classic Elegance with a Leather Chesterfield Sofa
The classic, padded, leather sofa for office, library, or parlour, the leather Chesterfield sofa has a timeless look. eBay has a wide range of newly manufactured and antique leather Chesterfield sofas in a variety of styles. Understanding the styles and features you want in a leather Chesterfield sofa will make your shopping easier.How do you choose the right style leather Chesterfield sofa?
Leather Chesterfield sofas come in a range of sizes, heights, styles, colours, and leg features. Some of the more important qualities to consider are the following:
- Size - Placed in the centre of a library or parlour near a fireplace or coffee table, a larger Chesterfield can be the focal point of a room's design. Smaller rooms may benefit from the intimacy of a love seat in the classic design.
- Back Height - Although Chesterfields are classically low profile, some models have imposing, high backs to make a dramatic impact.
- Legs - Legs for this style of sofa can range from concealed to dramatic. Depending on your style, you may prefer the rounded solidity of bun feet. You may also like the neo-modern edginess of tapered squares or the ornate Victorian look of turned legs.
- Tufts - Chesterfield tufts are traditionally placed close together with a button distance of approximately 15-18 centimetres. Widely spaced tufts give the appearance of luxurious comfort.
Comfort is a key feature of any piece of furniture. Leather Chesterfield sofas offer comfort as well as traditional, classic elegance. In shopping for your ideal sofa on eBay, consider features such as the following:
- Back Angle - Many Chesterfields have a vertical back, adding to their timeless appeal. A model with a slightly angled back may provide more lower-back support.
- Filling - The foam filling of the seat cushions and back may have an effect on your comfort. Multi-density foam and down feathers can add to a sofa's general plushness. As with any purchase, it is important to check the manufacturer's specifications.
- Leg Height - Entering and exiting your sofa are important considerations. Legs should be at a comfortable distance for you to stand and sit with relative ease. Chesterfields may have simple casters or legs that range in height from 10-15 centimetres on average.
The colour and style range of Chesterfield sofas is wider than many imagine. Although the rich caramel colour of the iconic Chesterfield remains a favourite, many sofas offer other shades. These include classic forest green, bold lipstick red, and multi-coloured patchwork. Chesterfields are available as corner sofas, settees, love seats, or two-seat models.