Sleep Easy With a Children’s Bed Guard
When outfitting your home for children, it can sometimes feel like the costs are endless, but a kid’s bed guard doesn’t have to break the bank. Equipment for children can often be found for a fraction of the price in gently-used condition on eBay. Give your child and yourself a better night’s sleep tucked safely in bed with a guard rail of your preferred brand and style.What size bed guard do you need?
Before purchasing a kids bed guard there are two measurements you need:
- Mattress length: The distance from the head to toe of the mattress. If you have an adult-sized mattress you’ll need extra long bed guards for toddlers using the bed. Remember to leave a gap of over 25 cm between the bed guard and bed frame at each end.
- Mattress depth: Bed guards should be at least 16 cm taller than your mattress. If you’re looking for bed guards for toddler beds your mattress is likely quite thin, but if your mattress is thick you will need a taller guard.
Most bed rails are equipped with a large base frame that slips under the mattress or sheet, and is held in place by the weight of the mattress. This saves your bed frame from permanent fastener marks. Bed rails that secure with bolts or screws are also available. When are bed rails a good idea?
The transition from cot to bed is a big step, and both kids and parents may benefit from having a little extra security at night. A bed guard rail keeps kids safe while they sleep, and encourages them to stay in bed until morning. Sometimes children are more active when travelling and sleeping in a strange bed. A rail can help keep them safe and remove your worry.Different materials for different occasions
Toddler bed rails come in a variety of materials, and each has benefits for different occasions. Depending on your needs, you may prefer one over another, or decide to purchase more than one for different locations and events. Here are a few types to consider:
- Wood: Solid and sturdy with a sophisticated appearance. Difficult to fold down or rotate, and bulky for travel.
- Inflatable: Slim designs that secure under a bedsheet. A major space-saver that’s ideal for travel and occasional use.
- Mesh: Lightweight metal or plastic frame with breathable mesh, easy to fold down for bed access.