Shop by Brand
Shop by Max. Photo Resolution
Great prices on popular products
Save on Computer Webcams
- USB 2.0 HD 5.0 M Webcam Web Cam Camera With Mic Microphone for Laptop Desktop PC£2.99Trending at £3.04
- Webcam Cover - Original Camera Sticker For Mobile, Laptop and Tablet 3 for £6.90£2.96Trending at £3.04
- Logitech HD Webcam C270 Webcam HD with built-in microphone compatible Skype C6Y8£15.94Trending at £16.60
- Logitech C270 HD 720p 3MP WebCam USB 2.0 Clip-On Video Calling Calls 1280x720 PC£19.59Trending at £37.16
- PF 50 MP HD Camera USB Webcam rotator for Laptop Desktop PC Computer£2.39Trending at £4.69
- WebCam Cover Open/Close For Laptop Tablet Phone Device in Black Stainless Steel£1.22Trending at £2.35
- USB 50MP HD Webcam Web Cam Camera for Computer PC Laptop Desktop MI£2.89Trending at £4.42
- #USB 50MP HD Webcam Web Cam Camera with MIC for Computer PC Laptop Desktop HH£2.89Trending at £2.95
Hot this week
- 1pcs WebCam Shutter Covers Web Laptop iPad PC Camera Secure Protect your Privacy£0.9910 left
- USB 50 Megapixel HD Webcam Web Cam Camera & Microphone Mic 3 LED PC Laptop Skype£7.2948 sold
- Webcam Cover - Original Camera Sticker For Mobile, Laptop and Tablet 3 for £6.90£2.9940 sold
- USB 2.0 HD 5.0 M Webcam Web Cam Camera With Mic Microphone for Laptop Desktop PC£2.9939 sold
- USB 5 Mega Pixel HD Webcam Camera With MIC Microphone For PC Laptop Skype£2.5923 sold
- 50 MP HD Camera USB Webcam rotator for Laptop Desktop PC Computer PK£2.3320 sold
- New USB 80.0M 6 LED Webcam Camera 80MP Web Cam with Mic for Desktop PC Lapt D7K8£3.7420 sold
- Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam 1080p£54.9918 sold
- Logitech HD Webcam C310 Black£52.49
- USB 12 Megapixel HD Camera Web Cam 360° MIC Clip-on for Computer Laptop PC£4.59
- Logitech C525 HD Webcam- Black£56.46
- 360° Degree HD USB 2.0 Webcam Camera+Mic Web Cam For Laptop PC Computer Skype£5.99
- Andoer USB 2.0 12 Megapixel HD Camera Web Cam with MIC Clip-on Night Vision 360£11.11
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Retail Packaging£24.09
- 3* Silver Sliding Webcam Cover Case Camera Lens Shield for iPhone Android Laptop£3.79Was: Previous price£3.99
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Logitech B910 HD 1080P Carl Zeiss Tessar USB Webcam£25.00+ £3.00 postageMake offer
- Brand new Microsoft LifeCam Studio USB 1080p HD Sensor 720p HD Video chat£34.99+ £4.99 postageMake offer
External webcams allow for video to be either recorded or transmitted in real time. Many, though not all webcams, will contain a microphone to capture audio at the same time. Most are easy to use and require only that you plug in and automatically download the correct driver software required. Whether you are looking for an external webcam for your desktop computer or your laptop, there are plenty available.
Choosing a webcam is easy in that it is one of those devices where the quality usually, but not always, correlates with the price. More expensive webcams generally produce better results. How much you want to spend depends on whether you're using it to keep in contact with your parents while you're abroad or if you want to shoot a hit YouTube series from home. The quality of a camera depends on several key factors.
Just like many other digital cameras , a webcam with more megapixels will produce a clearer image. Though even cheaper cameras will provide above average quality, for truly crisp, vivid images you will want a camera with a lot of megapixels. These are usually labelled as High Definition (HD) and there are a huge range of HD webcams available.
Some cheaper cameras can struggle to keep focus if there is a lot going on or movement in the shot. Autofocus keeps you in the spotlight and ensures everything stays looking crisp.
FPS means 'frames per second' and is another big decider of quality, next to resolution. Think of the webcam like a cartoon flipbook. If the book contains only 10 pages to flip, the cartoon image will appear jumpy. However if it had 1000 pages, it would appear a lot smoother. It is the same with video: the higher the FPS, the smoother the video. There are many webcams available with a high FPS at a reasonable price, so it is worth investing in.
If you don't have a separate or integrated on-board microphone , make sure to choose a webcam which includes one. These are commonly marketed as 'Skype' or 'Skype-friendly' webcams.