Dealer Boots - Combining Functionality with Style
Dealer boots date back to Victorian times when they were designed as unisex walking boots. Their low heels and the two strips of elastic on each side made them extremely comfortable while the incorporation of a tab on the back in some designs made them easy to put on and take off. They made a comeback in the 1960s after they were worn by pop icons. Their comfort and style mean that their popularity endures until today. Safety features on some models also make these boots an ideal choice for PPE. No matter your reason for wearing them, eBay offers a wide range of dealer boots to suit all budgets.What should you look for when buying dealer boots?
Before the purchase of boots, you should consider the following factors:
- Manufacturer: Dealer boots can be branded or non-branded.
- Colour: Choose from classic colours like black, brown, or tan.
- Material: Although they usually have leather uppers, faux leather boots are also available.
- Size: Boots are sold in UK men's shoe sizes (6-15), and half sizes may be possible.
- Safety features: If needed for the workplace, look for models which make them suitable as PPE.
Dealer boots are extremely versatile and can be worn no matter the occasion. Their simple, clean lines mean that they don't clash with whatever outfit you're wearing. They look equally good as casual wear with a pair of skinny jeans and a casual jacket or sweatshirt but also go with a suit. When worn with a suit, you should make sure the trousers fall neatly over the top of the boots and be careful of colour clashes. Black is a neutral colour which is suitable for black or navy suits.What safety features make dealer boots ideal for the workplace?
The design of dealer boots makes them suitable for the workplace because they have no laces to catch on machinery and/or be a tripping hazard. Their flexibility and fit allow you to wear them throughout the working day without tiring your feet. Some designs are specifically made to be worn as PPE. The model you choose depends on the sector in which you work and its potential hazards. They might incorporate features such as:
- Oil-, chemical- and/or slip-resistant soles.
- Insulation against water, cold, and/or heat.
- Full steel toe-caps (to protect against 200 joules of impact or resting mass of 1,000K).
- Mid-sole penetration protection (for forces of up to 15,000N).
- Anti-static and shock absorbent heels.