Shop by Ports/Interfaces
Hot this week
- DELL PR02X E-PORT PLUS LAPTOP DOCKING STATION - USB 2.0 - NO PSU£15.855 left
- DELL K09A E-PORT PLUS LAPTOP DOCKING STATION - USB 2.0 - K09A001£10.855 left
- BRAND NEW DELL ULTRA HD 4K SUPERSPEED DOCKING STATION USB 3.0 CONNECT 3 MONITORS£159.9910 left
- Dell Precision USB 3.0 Port Replicator Dock 331-6307 0665MJ 665MJ 09C3RG Inc PSU£47.9522 sold
- PR03X PW380 Dell Latitude E-Port Replicator Docking Station E5430 E5530 E6230£10.9518 sold
- Dell Latitude E-Docking Spacer for PR03X, PRO3X, PR02X, PRO2X Docking Stations£5.9515 sold
- Dell Latitude E7240 E7250 E7440 E7450 E-Port Plus Replicator/Dock Station PR02X£17.9711 sold
- Dell PR03X E-Port II Replicator Docking Station USB 3.0£12.0011 sold
- Dell KF900 Latitude D410 Port Replicator - PR06S£19.99
- Dell 2E599 Latitude C-Series Port II Port Replicator£24.99
- Dell PDXXF USB 3.0 eSATA Port Replicator For Latitude E5430 E5530 E6230 E6500£24.99
- Dell PR03X E-Port II Docking Station£27.99
- Dell Latitude C/Port II Advanced Port Replicator,Laptop Docking Station 1978U£180.00
- DELL MODEL PR09S LAPTOP DOCKING STATION P/N FJ282 A02 #41B453£7.95
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Dell PR03X E-Port Replicator Docking Station USB 3.0 Grade B£11.49Free postageMake offer
Dell Laptop Docking Stations
Docking stations are most often used for business purposes, where someone wishes to replicate the functionality of an office-based Dell desktop computer on their portable laptop. Dell laptop docking stations provide this level of functionality, allowing you to emulate the capacity of a traditional desktop machine, as well as potentially logging in to a central intranet or other type of computer network.
Advantages of laptop docking stations
A docking station is also known as a "port replicator", which highlights one of the main benefits of a docking station, which is that you can simply access all the other hardware you may wish to use without having to plug the machine directly into them individually.
So, for example, your office setup may feature a Dell printer , a scanner and a centralised network of the other computers being used. By plugging your laptop into the Dell docking station, your machine gains access to all these other pieces of hardware. This means you can connect your devices without having to link it up with all the necessary cables and wires.
Types of Dell docking stations
Some docking stations allow you to slot the laptop directly onto them, with the design being based on having elements that fit directly into your Dell laptop without having to use a separate cable. For example, like plugging a phone into a standalone phone charger unit.
Some Dell docking stations also come with different functionalities, such as having a separate monitor stand. This allows you to not only access the other hardware through the port replicator system, but also have a larger screen that you can access, simply by "docking" your laptop on the station.
About the Dell brand
Founded in the 1980s by Michael Dell, the firm built itself up to become one of the world's largest providers of computer equipment, with a wide range of laptops and desktop computers available for purchase.