Become a Dancing Queen with Disco Costumes
Fashions of the 70s were a direct reaction against the hippie movement of the previous decade. In terms of colours and styles, everything was outrageous and over-the-top. This makes 70s costumes an ideal choice if youre planning to attend a fancy-dress party or themed hen night and you want to stand out loud and proud. Retro 70s discos are also becoming increasingly popular. Youll enjoy the experience much more if youre dressed in the right clothes to match the music. Whatever the occasion, eBay has a wide range of disco costumes - and all at affordable prices.What should you consider before buying disco costumes?
Before you purchase a disco costume, you should think about the following factors:
- Number of outfits: Choose a standalone costume, or you can find matching his and hers outfits.
- Types of clothes: Disco costumes include jumpsuits or high-waisted, flared trousers worn with halter-necks, off-the-shoulder tops, or blouses with bell sleeves.
- 70s icons: You could dress up in an outfit to match your favourite ABBA song of the era.
- Sizes: Costumes are usually sold in UK womens dress sizes.
- Materials: 70s costumes tended to be made of synthetic materials, such as polyester, nylon, and/or satin.
- Colours: Outfits were bright to stand out under disco lights, particularly metallic colours like silver and gold.
- Trim: You can choose costumes with trim, such as tassels, sequins, and/or glitter.
You should always check the description of the costume to see which accessories are included with your order. If they arent included, 70s disco accessories can be purchased separately from eBay at affordable prices. The wide variety available includes platform-heeled shoes, arm drapes/covers, jewellery (such as chokers), and wide buckled belts.How can you style your hair and makeup for disco costumes?
Whatever the length of your hair, you could leave it down with a hairband worn around your head. Alternatively, you could give longer hair body with a light wave or curls. Afros were also characteristic of the disco era. If your hair isnt the right length/style, a wide range of wigs and hairpieces are available on eBay. Your makeup should match the vibrancy of your costume. Vivid, unnatural eyeshadows like blues and pinks were popular to be visible under disco lights while false eyelashes were also worn. Blusher should be heavily applied in bright pinks/reds. Glitter powder applied to faces and shoulders will give you an authentic Disco Diva look.