Dog Bicycle Baskets & Trailers
Dog bicycle baskets are designed to provide a safe and practical way for dog owners to transport their much-loved dogs from one point to another.
All types of dog bicycles and trailers feature various safety elements to their design to enhance the comfort and safety of the dog during transit.
The Difference Between A Dog Bicycle Basket And Trailer
- Trailer - A dog trailer works similarly to a trailer you would affix to a car, in that it connects at the back of the bicycle and then travels along the ground on a set of wheels, carrying cargo, which in this instance is a dog. Some designs of dog trailer are able to be converted into a jogging pushchair, where you are able to jog and push your dog in the pushchair at the same time.
- Dog Bicycle Basket - Designed to fit onto the front of the bicycle where the standard bicycle basket would sit. It usually comes in the form of either a basket with a cage fitted over the top, or a carry bag which may have a mesh flap to provide the owner the option to enable their dog to be fastened inside the bag or to sit with their head out of the bag.
The Benefits Of A Dog Bicycle Basket And Trailer
There are various benefits to a dog bicycle basket and trailer:
- Eco-conscious dog owners are able to cycle around freely with their dog, taking them to parks or out shopping, without the need for a car
- Elderly dogs or dogs with mobility issues are able to enjoy the outdoors despite their issues with walking
- Owners can enjoy taking their dogs for lengthier trips, or endurance rides, without having to worry about the dog's ability to keep up
- Owners without cars are able to take their dog out for social trips or to parks further away, without having to worry about the dog's ability to keep up
Maintenance Of A Dog Bicycle Basket And Trailer
Dog owners are advised to closely follow manufacturers instructions and guidance for the safety and comfort of both themselves and their dog.