Shop by Type
Shop by Dog Size
You may also like
Great prices on popular products
- JOHNSON'S Vet 4Fleas Tablets for Cats (200996)£4.15Free postage
- FRONTLINE Spot on for Extra Large Dog 40 - 60 Kg 3 Pipettes£19.99Free postage
Make an offer
Hot this week
- Bob Martin Flea and Tick Spot-On Repel for Cat or Dog Flea Treatment Bulk Buy£2.16276 sold
- INDOREX Household Flea Spray - 500ml SPECIAL OFFER!! BEST PRICE!!£11.50177 sold
- Beaphar FIPROtec Flea Spot On for Small Medium Large XL Dogs&Cats FAST DELIVERY£3.70167 sold
- Bob Martin Flea Clear Spot On Flea & Tick Treatment for Dogs & Cats FleaClear£2.74116 sold
- Flea Bomb Foggers - Fumigator Dog Cat Fleas Flea Killer House Room Smoke Fumers£3.89113 sold
- 6 PACK - Johnsons 4fleas Room Flea Fogger Killer Bomb Spray - House Treatment£22.4581 sold
- INDOREX HOUSEHOLD FLEA SPRAY 500ml £11.50 BEST PRICE 1, 2, 3 & 4 SPRAY PACKS£11.5071 sold
- Frontline Spot on For Small Dogs 2-10Kg - 6 pipettes - AVM-GSL£24.9967 sold
- Zer020 Zero in Flea Trap Killer Traps Dog Fleas STV020 Cat STV91% agree - Would recommendTrending price£7.96 New
Save on Dog Flea & Tick Remedies
- Johnsons 4Fleas Tablets Cat Dog Puppy 3&6 Pack Starts Killing Fleas in 15Mins£4.15Trending at £4.59
- FRONTLINE SPOT ON FOR DOGS MEDIUM 10-20kg 6 pipettes FLEA,TICK TREATMENT AVM-GSL£24.45Trending at £25.11
- Bob Martin Flea Clear Spot On Flea & Tick Treatment for Dogs & Cats FleaClear£4.51Trending at £5.50
- Johnson's Dual Action Room Fogger Twin Pack - Kills Fleas Up To 7 Months£9.99Trending at £13.23
- Frontline Spot On Medium Dogs Treat Fleas, Tick, Lice 10-20Kg AVM-GSL 3 Pipettes£17.89Trending at £18.85
- Bob Martin Flea Clear Spot On Flea & Tick Treatment for Dogs & Cats FleaClear£6.40Trending at £7.38
- Bob Martin Clear Flea Tablets for Cats Dogs & Puppy and Fast Easy Flea Treatment£3.98Trending at £5.50
- Beaphar FIPROtec Pipette for Cat, Pack of 3£7.61Trending at £9.36
- Virbac Indorex Household Flea Killer Spray 500mlTrending price£11.47 New
- 2 for Johnsons Veterinary Products 4fleas Dog Tablets Large 57 MG 6 TabsTrending price£6.49 New
- JOHNSON'S Vet 4Fleas Tablets for Cats (200996)Trending price£3.84 New
- FRONTLINE Spot on for Medium Dogs 10-20kg - Flea & Pest Control 1 Pipette Tri Msd0409Trending price£6.78 New
- Zer020 Zero in Flea Trap Killer Traps Dog Fleas STV020 Cat STVTrending price£7.96 New
- Johnsons 4 Fleas for Puppies - 6 tabletsTrending price£5.99 New
- FRONTLINE Spot-on Flea Tick Lice Treatment - 6 Pipettes Medium Dogs 10-20kgTrending price£17.99 New
- Bob Martin Flea Clear Spot on for Cats Over 1kg Contains Fipronil 3pkTrending price£5.43 New
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
- 100% Natural Itchy Dog Skin Spray | Fast Relief from Scratching & Prevent Fleas£24.70
- Beaphar Dog Flea Shampoo, 250 ml£5.86
- Indorex Flea Spray Killer Household Carpet Cat Dog Pet Flea Home Treatment£20.77
- Waterproof Nylon Strap Pet Dog Cat Anti Fleas Ticks Mosquitoes Removal Collar£1.59
- Johnsons Dog Flea & Tick Collar£26.75
- BEAPHAR WATERPROOF CAT COLLARS 3 X 4 MONTHS PROTECTION, UP TO 1 YEAR PROTECTION£12.89
- Frontline Spot On Pest Treatment for Large Dogs 20-40kg 3 pipettes AVM-GSL£25.97
Dog Flea and Tick Remedies
Our beloved pet dogs can often become the victims of fleas and ticks. Fortunately, there are a few remedies at hand that can bring them back to good health.
Although fleas and ticks are both a type of parasite, they should not be confused with each other.
Fleas and ticks: what’s the difference?
Fleas - A flea is a wingless insect with six legs that can jump far, with a lifespan of more than 100 days
Ticks - Closely related to spiders, most ticks have eight legs, with a lifespan ranging from a few weeks up to three years.
Importance of treating fleas and ticks
Itching – at the start, fleas and ticks can be a general nuisance for your dog as they can cause itching and scratching
Skin diseases - fleas and ticks can also cause allergies that can lead to skin diseases
Tape worms – should your dog continue to suffer from fleas, it is possible that they may swallow a flea, leading to a tape worm forming inside their intestinal tract. It is vital that you treat the problem at hand sooner rather than later
The different types of remedies
Spot-on treatment – designed to kill the parasites through direct contact instead of using your dog’s bloodstream. Simply apply to the back of your dog’s neck.
Collar – fasten the collar on your dog and apply the solution to kill the parasites. Collars usually provide several weeks of protection.
Shampoo – wash your dog using the solution to clean their fur from parasites and free them from infestation, whilst nourishing and revitalising their coat.
Tablets – tablets are an alternative solution to applying products to your dog and can begin to work as quickly as 15 minutes after being taken.
How to prevent ticks and fleas in the future
- Keep your home as dry as possible
- Vacuum your house daily, especially your carpets
- Use specifically designed sprays and repellent powders to treat the rooms of your house, preventing eggs hatching and protecting your home from parasites