Dogs Garden Ornaments
There is always a special space available in the garden for man’s best friend. Dog garden ornaments, made from a variety of materials, always take pride of place.
How to choose the perfect dog garden ornament
- Consider space – Ornamental garden features require their own space. When you are considering buying a garden ornament it’s therefore essential that you consider the amount of space that you have available to display and show off your proud possession
- State your preference – Most dog lovers have a favourite breed. When choosing a dog garden ornament choose a favourite pooch that is also perfectly sized for your patio or garden
- Give a dog a home – The size and the material that your dog garden ornament is made from will more or less dictate the spot that your new doggie friend calls home. Small statues and figurines can be moved from place to place. Movement of heavy stone and oversized sculptures is likely to be more restricted
Types of ornament materials
- Stone – Heavyweight stone and concrete are the most popular material choices when it comes to decorative ornamental features for the garden or patio
- Metal – Metal is the ideal material for highly detailed and decorative dog garden ornament
- Plastic and resin – Lightweight plastic and resin are mostly used to make small ornamental items
Different styles of dog garden ornaments
- Ornamental figurines – Ranging from petite to oversized, ornamental dog statues are made from stoneware, metal and weatherproof polyresin.
- Stone statue pairs – Many dog breeds are displayed in statue pairs. Greyhounds and bulldogs are particular favourites.
- Wall plaques – Stone and metal dog wall plaques add visual interest to a neglected outside wall or fence. They can also be placed by the front door as a warning to intruders
- Weathervanes – Traditional and modern style weathervanes add a touch of character to the exterior of your home.